While it may seem pretty obvious that involving a real estate agent is a great way to sell your home fast, not everyone will think of working with real estate investors. There are investors in your area who are clamoring to get a property like yours. If they haven’t found you yet, then it’s time that you find them.
How to Find Investors:
• Start with your local Real Estate Investors Association (REIA). Search online for the
dates and times of upcoming meetings. You don’t have to be a member to attend, however you may have to pay a small fee at the door. Bring business cards and flyers detailing your home so that you can hand them to the people you meet.
• Never underestimate the power of a search engine. Simply Google “real estate investors, (your area)” and see what pops up.
Meeting With Investors:
• You will want to meet with a number of investors in order to find the right one. Schedule them all in 30-minute increments on the same day. Give each investor time to look around and inspect the property. You also want to be there to answer any questions they may have. If your time slots overlap, don’t worry. That only means the investors will see they are not the only one interested.
• You can also use your Open House as an opportunity to invite investors in. A good time
to schedule this would be towards the end of the workday. It’s a good idea to leave the time slot no more than two hours so that you can add a sense of urgency.
How Do Investors Work?
• A local real estate investor can often pay cash for your property.
• Investors also are looking to close very quickly. They are looking for the next big project and want to work right away.
• Typically, investors will offer to buy “as is” and can even purchase sight unseen. As a seller, this allows you to avoid any costly repairs that you might otherwise have to do.
• If your house is priced right and in an area where it can be fixed up and sold, you will have several investors interested in it.
“There are investors in your area who are clamoring to get a property like yours. If they haven’t found you yet, then it’s time that you find them.”